Holiday Craft Show
Frequently Asked Questions
1. If I am applying to both shows, how much jury fee do I send?
If applying to both shows, you will need to send $30 ($15 for each show)
2. Do I have to send a display photograph?
A photograph of your display is required to give the jurors an opportunity to see more of your products.
3. Can I send slides?
No, photographs and images online are the only two methods we accept.
4. Can I apply on-line by sending attachments of my products?
Yes, you can apply online through Juried Arts Services Website (http://juriedartservices.com) and follow the easy steps on the site.
5. Do I have to apply online?
Yes, you can apply online through Juried Arts Services Website (http://juriedartservices.com) and follow the easy steps on the site. You can also download a paper version of the application and guidelines. You can download those from our website at: https://www.fairfaxva.gov/government/parks-recreation/special-events/holiday-craft-show/vendor-infromation-
6. When do I receive notification of the status of my application?
We go to jury in April and send out notification of status in May.
7. If accepted into the shows, when is my booth fee due?
All fees are due by the middle of June.
8. May I request a space location?
Yes, but if a vendor applies and is accepted into the show, they have first priority over the space they held in the previous year.
9. Do vendors who were in the show the previous year have to go through the same jurying process as new vendors?
10. When is my application due?
All applications must be received or be post-marked by March 17 to be considered for the 2017 shows. Any application received after that date will be wait-listed if all the criteria of the festival guidelines are met.
11. If I am not accepted to the shows – can I be wait-listed and if a space becomes available contacted?
All vendors who apply to the show who are not accepted are automatically placed on a wait-list and will be contacted if an appropriate space becomes available.
12. Do I have access to the jury comments given by the jury?
You can contact us and we will be happy to give you the comments (if the jury made any) that is relative to your entry. The names of the jurors are not made available and comments for any other entry other than your own will not be released.
13. May I send in a sample of my product if my pictures do not reflect the true quality of my products?
We discourage this as we cannot guarantee the safety of your items, but we will accept a small sample. Postage and packaging must accompany the sample as we make every attempt to return them to the vendor.
14. Is electricity available to vendors at the Fall Festival?
Electricity is available ONLY to vendors on Main Street. The only vendors who can bring in generators are food vendors located in the major food courts. All other vendors are prohibited from having any generators in the festival area.
15. I am a gourmet food vendor – what is the “gourmet food proposal”?
All gourmet food vendors submit a proposal to the City of Fairfax describing the amount they will pay the City for the opportunity to be a vendor and what they will be selling. Selection is based on bid and uniqueness of items. The number of gourmet food vendors accepted is limited. Gourmet food vendors do not go into the major food courts, but have spaces on the street or in a location at the Holiday Craft Show. There are two separate proposals – one for the Fall Festival and one for the Holiday Craft Show.
16. I am a major food vendor/ food truck – how can I participate in the Shows?
All major food vendors must submit a proposal to the City of Fairfax indicating the amount they will pay the City for the opportunity to be a vendor and what they will be selling. Selection is based on bid and uniqueness of items. All major food vendors will be located in one of two food courts for the Fall Festival.
The food vendor selected for the Holiday Craft Show must be full service (provides both breakfast and lunch items). A food proposal bid must be completed – this can be obtained by contacting our office. We only select one major food vendor for this show. Selection is based on bid and variety of items.
17. What is the difference between major/minor food vendors and gourmet food vendors?
Major Food includes lunch items, i.e., hotdogs, hamburgers, fries, etc.
Minor Food includes dessert only items, i.e., ice cream, cotton candy, fruit drinks
Gourmet Food consists of bake sale items, herbs, dressings, dips, honeys, nuts, etc.
18. I am a City of Fairfax business and my business is located along the festival route – how can I participate in the Fall Festival?
City of Fairfax businesses that are located on the Fall Festival route (which encompasses University Drive from North Street to Armstrong Street, Main Street from East Street to Chain Bridge Road, and Sager Avenue from East Street to University Drive) must complete an application to participate. These businesses will be assigned an appropriate space, complimentary, within the locality of their business. For an additional $77.50, a business can request a second vendor space adjacent to the complimentary vendor location, if available.
19. I am a City of Fairfax business and my business does not fall along the festival route – how can I participate in the Fall Festival?
Businesses not located on the Fall Festival route may apply to participate in the business expo area along the festival route. Exclusivity of vendors is not granted. The fee for participation will be $1,000 for one street space located near a “high flow” public entrance with public transportation directly depositing potential shopper’s right near the business expo area. Tables, chairs and tents are not provided. An application, indemnification form along with the $12 fee must be submitted.
20. I am a City of Fairfax business – how can I participate in the Holiday Craft Show?
a. City of Fairfax has a limited amount of business expo spaces near the entrance of door #1. Complete application and check business expo under Holiday Craft Show.
21. I am interested in becoming a sponsor of the Fall Festival?
Please contact Mitzi Taylor at 703.385.7949 or email email@example.com for a sponsorship opportunities package.