The City of Fairfax is making it easier and more affordable for residents and businesses to install solar power by partnering with the non-profit Local Energy Alliance Program (LEAP) and the Northern Virginia Regional Commission (NVRC) on the Solarize NOVA program 2017 spring campaign.
The 2017 Solarize NOVA campaign runs from April 18th through June 30th. Sign up now at www.SolarizeCityofFairfax.org for a free solar assessment and take advantage of discounted prices on solar panels.
Here are some reasons to Solarize:
• Free Assessments: Solarize NOVA offers free solar site assessments and home energy checkups to help homeowners figure out if solar is right for their home and budget.
• More Affordable than Ever: With a federal income tax credit of 30%, a bulk discount rate of 15-18% and the prices of solar equipment dropping drastically over the last several years, going solar is more affordable than ever.
• Head Off Rising Energy Costs: Energy rates are rising 2 percent annually. Solar customers regularly see an 8 percent or better return on investment.
• Higher Home Values: Homes with solar have appraisal premiums of 3-6 percent.
Want to learn more about the SolarizeNOVA program? Hear from solar professionals, past program participants, and financing advisors at informational meetings scheduled for:
- May 15th, 6pm, Sherwood Community Center, 3740 Old Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22030
- June 5th, 6pm, Green Acres Community Center, 4401 Sideburn Rd, Fairfax, VA 22030
Solarize NOVA Informational Video
Check out the video below to learn more about this great program: