Please refer to the Election Calendar for other upcoming elections.Qualifications to be a candidate are:
- A resident of the Commonwealth for one year immediately preceding the election.
- A resident of the City of Fairfax for one year prior to the date of the Election.
- Qualified to vote for and hold the office for which one offers to stand for election.
- Comply with all the filing requirements. The deadline to file is the First Tuesday in March prior to the May elections. The deadline is the second Tuesday in June for November elections.
This bulletin provides:
- Filing forms and deadlines.
- Legal requirements and penalties for failure to comply.
- Information on other required forms (especially campaign financial filings).
- Answers to frequently asked questions about elections and candidates.
After reading the Candidates Bulletin, feel free to contact the General Registrar's office for further explanation and any questions.
City of Fairfax Stipulations for Temporary Placement of Political Signs must be on file with the City of Fairfax Zoning Office before placing any signs in the City.