Electoral Board Meeting Notices
The Electoral Board will meet July 21, 2015 @ 9:00AM @ City Hall, in the City Council Work Session Room, #110/111 to oversee the acceptance testing of the new voting equipment.
November 3, 2015 General Election
The voter registration deadline for the November 3rd, 2015 General Election is Tuesday, October 13, 2015. To register to vote in Virginia, you must be a U. S. citizen, 18 years of age on or before the day of the General Election held (i.e. November 3, 2015), a resident of Virginia, and a resident of your local precinct.
- You may register by mail or in person at any Virginia Voter Registrar’s Office. Other Government agencies that you may obtain Voter Registration Applications include: Public Libraries, the United States Postal Service and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- You may Register online through the State Board of Elections
- You can download a pdf Voter Registration Application & mail it to us.
- Virginians do not register by political party preference.
- If you are a new registrant or have changed information on your existing Virginia Voter Registration, you will be sent a voter card by mail after you register.
- Your registration is permanent, so long as you continue to vote. You do not need to re-register for each election!
- Be sure you are registered on or before the October 13th cut-off date.
- You are required to notify the General Registrar of any change of name or address.
- You can check your Voter Registration Status
ABSENTEE VOTING DEADLINES
- Absentee Ballot Applications may be submitted up to 12 months prior to an Election.
- Absentee Ballot Applications must be received at the Office of the General Registrar:
- By mail and or fax: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 by 5:00 PM.
- In person: Saturday, October 31, 2015 by 5:00 PM.
- Absentee Voting begins 45 days before the Election or as soon as ballots become available. Therefore, absentee voting for the November 3, 2015 Election should begin on Friday, September 18, 2015. Absentee voters may vote by mail or in person at the Sisson House Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (excluding holidays). The Registrar’s Office will also be open during normal business hours for in-person absentee voting on Saturday, October 24, 2015 and Saturday, October 31, 2015. The last day to vote in-person absentee is Saturday, October 31, 2015 until 5 PM.
- The Office of the General Registrar is adjacent to City Hall, located inside the Sisson House at 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, VA 22030.