Electoral Board Meeting Notices
The Electoral Board will meet at 1 p.m. on May 5, 2016. The meeting will be held at the Sisson House, 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, VA 22030. The Sisson House is adjacent to City Hall.
Public Election Notice
May 3, 2016
The City of Fairfax will be holding a General Election to elect the offices of Mayor, City Council and City School Board on Tuesday, May 3, 2016.
- The voter registration deadline for the May 3, 2016 General Election is Monday, April 11, 2016.
- Absentee Voting Begins: Friday, March 18, 2016.
- In-person absentee voting will be available at the Sisson House Monday through Friday from 8:30AM-5:00PM (excluding holidays).
- Application for a ballot to be mailed must be received in our office via fax, email, or mail by 5PM, Tuesday, April 26, 2016.
- Saturday in-person absentee is available at the Sisson House: April 30, 2016 from 8:30AM-5:00PM.
- Last day to vote in-person absentee: April 30, 2016 till 5PM.
- Ballots must be received to be counted by 7pm, Tuesday, May 3, 2016.
CANVASS OF RESULTS
The Electoral Board will meet in the Sisson House at 10 AM, May 4, 2016 to discuss Provisional Votes cast in the May 3, 2016 General Election. Because of the Voter ID requirements, the Provisional Votes Meeting may adjourn from day to day until as late as 12:05 PM, May 6, 2016. The Canvass of Results will take place after the final Provisional Votes Meeting. The Sisson House is adjacent to City Hall, located at 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, Virginia 22030. One team will be conducting the Canvass. For more information, contact the General Registrar's Office at 703.385.7890.
June 2016 Primary Election Notice