Electoral Board Meeting Notices
The Electoral Board will meet at 9:00 a.m., May 25, 2016 @ the Sisson House, 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, VA 22030. The Sisson House is adjacent to City Hall.
Public Election Notice
November 8, 2016
General & Special Elections
The City of Fairfax will be holding a General & Special Election to elect the offices of US President, US Congress - 11th District, and 2 Constitutional Amendments on Tuesday, November 8, 2016.
- The voter registration deadline for the November 8, 2016 General Election is Monday, October 17, 2016.
- Absentee Voting Begins: Friday, September 23, 2016.
- In-person absentee voting will be available at the Sisson House Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., (excluding holidays).
- Application for a ballot to be mailed must be received in our office via fax, email, or mail by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 1, 2016.
- Saturday in-person absentee voting is available at the Sisson House: October 29th & November 5th from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Last day to vote in-person absentee: November 5, 2016 till 5:00 p.m.
- Ballots must be received to be counted by 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 8, 2016.
CANVASS OF RESULTS
The Electoral Board will meet in the Sisson House at 10:00 a.m., November 9, 2016 to discuss Provisional Votes cast in the November 8, 2016 General & Special Elections. Because of the Voter ID requirements, the Provisional Votes Meeting may adjourn from day to day until as late as 12:05 p.m., November 11, 2016. The Canvass of Results will take place after the final Provisional Votes Meeting. The Sisson House is adjacent to City Hall, located at 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, Virginia 22030. One team will be conducting the Canvass. For more information, contact the General Registrar's Office at 703.385.7890.