Electoral Board Meeting Notices
There are no Electoral Board Meetings scheduled at this time.
Public Election Notice
March 1, 2016 Presidential Primary
- The voter registration deadline for the March 1, 2016 Primary Election is Tuesday, February 8, 2016.
- Absentee Voting Begins: Friday, January 15, 2016.
- In-person absentee voting is available at the Sisson House Monday through Friday from 8:30AM-5:00PM (excluding holidays).
- Application for a ballot to be mailed must be received in our office via fax, email, or mail by 5PM, Tuesday, February 23, 2016.
- Saturday in-person absentee is available at the Sisson House: February 27, 2016 from 8:30AM-5:00PM.
- Last day to vote in-person absentee: February 27, 2016 till 5PM.
- Ballots must be received to be counted by 7pm, Tuesday, March 1, 2016.
CANVASS OF RESULTS
The Electoral Board will meet in the Sisson House at 10 AM, March 2, 2016 to discuss Provisional Votes cast in the March 1, 2016 Primary Election(s). Because of the Voter ID requirements, the Provisional Votes Meeting may adjourn from day to day until as late as 12:05 PM, March 4, 2016. The Canvass of Results will take place after the final Provisional Votes Meeting. The Sisson House is adjacent to City Hall, located at 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, Virginia 22030. One team will be conducting the Canvass. For more information, contact the General Registrar's Office at 703.385.7890.