Electoral Board Meeting Notices
The Electoral Board will meet at 10:00 AM on January 13, 2015. The meeting will take place at the Sisson House. The Sisson House is adjacent to City Hall, located at: 10455 Armstrong St. Fairfax, VA 22030.
June 9th, 2015 Virginia Primary (If held)
- You may register by mail or in person at any Virginia Voter Registrar’s Office. Other Government agencies that you may obtain Voter Registration Applications include: Public Libraries, the United States Postal Service and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- You may Register online through the State Board of Elections
- You can download a pdf Voter Registration Application & mail it to us.
- Virginians do not register by political party preference.
- If you are a new registrant or have changed information on your existing Virginia Voter Registration, you will be sent a voter card by mail after you register.
- Your registration is permanent, so long as you continue to vote. You do not need to re-register for each election!
- Be sure you are registered on or before the May 18th cut-off date.
- You are required to notify the General Registrar of any change of name or address.
- You can check your Voter Registration Status
ABSENTEE VOTING DEADLINES
- Absentee Ballot Applications may be submitted up to 12 months prior to an Election
- Absentee Ballot Applications must be received at the Office of the General Registrar:
- By mail and or fax: Tuesday, June 2, 2015 by 5:00 PM
- In person: Saturday, June 6th, 2015 by 5:00 PM
- Absentee Voting begins 45 days before the Election or as soon as ballots become available. Absentee voters may vote by mail or in person at the Sisson House Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (excluding holidays). The Registrar’s Office will be open during normal business hours for in-person absentee voting on Saturday, June 6th, 2015 . The last day to vote in-person absentee is Saturday,June 6th, 2015 until 5 PM.
- The Office of the General Registrar is adjacent to City Hall, located inside the Sisson House at 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, VA 22030.
CANVASS OF RESULTS
The Electoral Board will meet inside the Sisson House at 10 AM, June 10th, 2015 to discuss Provisional Votes cast in the June 9, 2015 Primary. Because of the Voter ID requirements, the Provisional Votes Meeting may adjourn from day to day until as late as 12:05 PM, June 12th, 2015. The Canvass of Results will take place after the final Provisional Votes Meeting. The Sisson House is adjacent to City Hall, located at 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, Virginia 22030. One team will be conducting the Canvass. For more information, contact the General Registrar's Office at 703.385.7890.