Electoral Board Meeting Notices
The Electoral Board will hold an emergency meeting at 4:30 on January 19, 2017 at the Sisson House, 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, VA 22030. The Sisson House is adjacent to City Hall.
The Electoral Board will meet on February 3, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. at the Sisson House, 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, VA 22030. The Sisson House is adjacent to City Hall.
Public Election Notice
February 7, 2017
The City of Fairfax will be holding a Special Election to fill the vacancy in the office of Mayor on Tuesday, February 7, 2017.
- The deadline to submit candidate qualification paperwork to the Registrar's Office is 7:00 p.m., November 30, 2016.
- The voter registration deadline for the February 7, 2017 Special Election is Tuesday, January 24, 2017.
- Absentee Voting Begins: Friday, December 23, 2016.
- In-person absentee voting will be available at the Sisson House December 23 - February 4, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., (excluding holidays).
- Application for a ballot to be mailed must be received in our office via fax, email, or mail by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
- Saturday in-person absentee voting is available at the Sisson House: February 4, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Last day to vote in-person absentee: February 4, 2017 till 5:00 p.m.
- Ballots must be received to be counted by 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, February 7, 2017.
CANVASS OF RESULTS
The Electoral Board will meet in the Sisson House at 10:00 a.m., February 8, 2017 to discuss Provisional Votes cast in the February 7, 2017 Special Election. Because of the Voter ID requirements, the Provisional Votes Meeting may adjourn from day to day until as late as 12:05 p.m., February 10, 2017. The Canvass of Results will take place after the final Provisional Votes Meeting. The Sisson House is adjacent to City Hall, located at 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, Virginia 22030. One team will be conducting the Canvass. For more information, contact the General Registrar's Office at 703.385.7890.