November 4, 2014 General Election
- You may register by mail or in person at any Virginia Voter Registrar’s Office. Other Government agencies that you may obtain Voter Registration Applications include: Public Libraries, the United States Postal Service and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- You may Register online through the State Board of Elections
- You can download a pdf Voter Registration Application & mail it to us.
- Virginians do not register by political party preference.
- If you are a new registrant or have changed information on your existing Virginia Voter Registration, you will be sent a voter card by mail after you register.
- Your registration is permanent, so long as you continue to vote. You do not need to re-register for each election!
- Be sure you are registered on or before the October 14th cut-off date.
- You are required to notify the General Registrar of any change of name or address.
- You can check your Voter Registration Status
ABSENTEE VOTING DEADLINES
- Absentee Ballot Applications may be submitted up to 12 months prior to an Election
- Absentee Ballot Applications must be received at the Office of the General Registrar:
- By mail and or fax: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 by 5:00 PM
- In person: Saturday, November 1, 2014 by 5:00 PM
- Absentee Voting begins 45 days before the Election or as soon as ballots become available. Absentee voters may vote by mail or in person at the Sisson House Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (excluding holidays). The Registrar’s Office will be open during normal business hours for in-person absentee voting on Saturdays,October 25 and November 1, 2014 . The last day to vote in-person absentee is Saturday, November 1, 2014 until 5 PM.
- The Office of the General Registrar is adjacent to City Hall, located inside the Sisson House at 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, VA 22030.
CANVASS OF RESULTS
The Electoral Board will meet inside the Sisson House at 10 AM, November 5, 2014 to discuss Provisional Votes cast in the November 4, 2014 General Election. Because of the Voter ID requirements the Provisional Votes meeting may adjourn from day to day and not conclude until as late as 12:05 PM,November 7, 2014. If practical, the Canvass will begin immediately after the first segment of the Provisional Votes meeting goes into recess on Wednesday, November 5th. The Sisson House is adjacent to City Hall, located at 10455 Armstrong Street, Fairfax, Virginia 22030. One team will be conducting the Canvass. For more information, contact the General Registrar's Office at 703.385.7890.