The following list of community meetings may be attended by some, or all, members of City Council and may require notification to the public that it is a meeting of City Council.
Therefore, the following meetings are being presented to the public as meetings of the City Council so as to adequately inform the public.
The Mayor and Members of the City Council
may attend the following meetings and events.
- City of Fairfax Design Guidelines Advisory Committee Meeting on Wednesday, September 20, 2017, at 1:30 p.m. in Work Session Room 111.
- Board of Architectural Review on Wednesday, September 20, 2017, at 7:00 p.m.in Council Chambers Room 100.
- Mayor’s Housing Advisory Committee meeting on Wednesday, September 20, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Manager's Library.
- Chamber/EDA/MEC Networking Mixer on Thursday, September 21, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. at KME Digital Marketing, 10410 Main Street #200.
- Rock the Block - White Ford Bronco on Friday, September 22, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. at Old Town Hall.
- Tailgate party for Fairfax HS Football game against Annandale on Friday, September 22, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. at Fairfax High School.
- Arts by George on Saturday, September 23, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. at the Center for the Arts, George Mason University.
- Vienna Community Center Grand Opening Ceremony on Saturday, September 23, 2017, at 1:00 p.m. at 120 Cherry Street, S.E., Vienna.
- Planning Commission Meeting on Monday, September 25, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers Room 100.
- Fairfax Gateway HOA Meeting on Monday, September 25, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. in Work Session Room 111.
- City Council Reception for Councilman Drummond and Newly Elected Councilmember on Tuesday, September 26, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. in the City Hall Atrium.
- Fairfax Water 60th Anniversary on Wednesday, September 27, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. at Frederick P. Griffith, Jr. Water Treatment Plant, 9600 Ox Road, Lorton, VA 22079.
- 9th Annual Taste of the Vine on Friday, September 29, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. at Blenheim Interpretive Center.
- MEC Welcome Reception for Gisele Stolz, MEC Business Incubator Director, on Tuesday, October 3, 2017, at 4:00 at the MEC, 4031 University Drive.
- VML Conference on Sunday, October 1, 2017 through Wednesday, October 4, 2017, in Williamsburg, VA.
- Coffee with a Cop - US Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Wednesday, October 4, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. at 2765 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax.
- Community Foundation of Northern Virginia - 2017 Raise the Region Gala on Friday, October 6, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner.
- Hugh Fairfax will be presenting the Mayor with a book on Tuesday, October 10, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. in the Mayor's Office.
- VA Environmental Energy and Renewable Energy Caucus Meeting on Thursday, October 12, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. in the Work Session Room.
- Fall Festival on Saturday, October 14, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. in Old Town Fairfax.
- The Crossing HOA Meeting on Monday, October 16, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. in Work Session Room 111.
- Citizen Academy on Thursday, October 19, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. in the Police Training Room.
- Arts Council of Fairfax County's 2017 Arts Award on Friday, October 20, 2017, at 12:00 p.m. at the Fairview Park Marriott Hotel, 3111 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church.
- Citizens Academy City Bus Tour on Saturday, October 21 2017, at 8:00 a.m. throughout the City.
- Citizen Academy on Thursday, October 26, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. in the EOC - 3rd floor of City Hall Annex.
- Rock the Block - Vinyl Invention on Friday, October 27, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. at Old Town Square.
- SCAN of NOVA's Toast to Hope on Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. at the US Patent & Trademark Office, 600 Dulany Street, Alexandria, VA 22314.
- Citizen Academy on Thursday, November 2, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. in the Police Training Room.
- NVTA's 15th Anniversary Celebration on Tuesday, November 9, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. at the Sherwood Community Center.
- National League of Cities - City Summit from Wednesday, November 15, 2017 to Sunday, November 19, 2017 in Charlotte, SC.