The following list of community meetings may be attended by some, or all, members of City Council and may require notification to the public that it is a meeting of City Council.
Therefore, the following meetings are being presented to the public as meetings of the City Council so as to adequately inform the public.
The Mayor and Members of the City Council
may attend the following meetings and events.
- Ribbon Cutting and Grand Opening of Esenyl's Pilates on Saturday, November 18, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. at 10201 Main Street, Suite 300.
- National League of Cities - City Summit from Wednesday, November 15, 2017 to Sunday, November 19, 2017 in Charlotte, SC.
- 2035 Comprehensive Plan Scenario Open House on Wednesday, November 15, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. at the Sherwood Community Center.
- Transform 66 Outside the Beltway Project Design Public Hearings on Thursday, November 16, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. at Piney Branch Elementary School Cafeteria/Gym, 8301 Linton Hall Road, Bristow, VA 20136.
- Senior Center's Thanksgiving Banquet on Friday, November 17, 2017, at 11:30 a.m. at Green Acres Senior Center.
- Holiday Craft Show on Saturday, November 18 and Sunday November 19, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. at Fairfax High School.
- I-66 Express Lanes Outside the Beltway Groundbreaking Ceremony on Monday, November 20, 2017, all day at 5690 Sully Road, Centreville, VA.
- Legislative Dinner with Senator Petersen and Delegate Bulova on Tuesday, November 28, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. in Work Session Room 111.
- Holiday Market on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays throughout December in Old Town Square.
- FVFD Pancake Breakfast with Santa on Saturday, December 2, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. at Fire Station #3, 4081 University Drive.
- Festival of Lights and Carols on Saturday, December 2, 2017, at 2:00 p.m. at Old Town Square.
- Christmas in Camp on Sunday, December 3, 2017, at 12:00 p.m. at Blenheim Interpretive Center.
- Dinner meet and greet with the GMU Student Government on Tuesday, December 5, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. on the on the Bridge over the Atrium (second floor by elevator) in City Hall.
- Chamber of Commerce Holiday Mixer on Wednesday, December 6, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. at Auld Shebeen.
- 2035 Comprehensive Plan Scenario Public Meeting on Thursday, December 7, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. at the Sherwood Community Center.
- Financial Policy Committee Meeting on Friday, December 8, 2017, at 11:30 a.m. in Suite 316 in City Hall.
- Dr. Angel and Beth Carbrera's Holiday Open House on Friday, December 8, 2017, at 5:30 p.m. at Mathy House, 11020 Popes Head Road, Fairfax.
- Lunch with Santa on Saturday, December 9, 2017, at 11:30 a.m. at the Sherwood Community Center.
- NOVA Youth Winds and Melbourne, Australia's Blackburn High School Band Presentation and Reception on Sunday, December 10, 2017, at 2:30 p.m. at Robinson Secondary School, Fairfax, VA.
- COG Annual Membership Meeting & Awards Luncheon on Wednesday, December 13, 2017, at 11:30 a.m. at the Kellogg Conference Hotel, Gallaudet University.
- Planning Commission Meeting on Monday, December 18, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. in Council Chambers Room 100.