City of Fairfax Community Pools
The following lists are private swimming pool clubs within the City of Fairfax:
- Country Club Hills: http://www.cchpool.com/home.aspx
- Fairfax Swimming Pool: http://www.fairfaxpool.com/
- Mantua Swim and Tennis Club: http://www.mantuastc.org/
- Mosby Woods Pool: http://www.mosbywoodspool.com/
- Villa Aquatic Club: http://villaaquatic.com/
- Somerset Old Creek Pool and Rec Club: http://socpool.blogspot.com/
George Mason Aquatics
The Aquatic & Fitness Center (AFC) supports a wide range of activities for the University and community. Members have access to a variety of fitness and wellness programs and services, cardio and strength equipment, and aquatic amenities and programs.
George Mason University
For All Inquiries: 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Aquatic and Fitness Center: 703-993-3939 | RAC: 703-993-5323 | Skyline Fitness: 703-993-5055
- Olympic size pool – 25 yards x 50 meters
- Recreational pool – 25 yards x 6 lanes, zero depth entry, max depth 4 feet, temperature 82-84 degrees
- Whirlpool – 14 person whirlpool temperature: 104 degrees
- Sauna – 10 person sauna, temperature: 160-180 degrees
- Aquatic programs
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms
- Weight training/strength gallery
- Cardio gallery
- Cycle studio
- Multipurpose room
- Extensive group exercise program
- Fitness programs
- Dedicated room for stretching and light weight use
- Family changing room
Fairfax County Parks and Recreation
The Fairfax County Park Authority offers award-winning aquatic recreation for everyone, from the youngest beginning swimmer to the serious competitors and those with special needs.
Park Authority Aquatic Facilities include:
- 12 aquatics facilities
- 9 indoor RECenter natatoriums
- 1 outdoor themed waterpark
- 1 fully accessible outdoor spray park
- 1 outdoor community pool
- RECenter pools feature indoor spas and zero-depth beach areas
The Fairfax facilities offer traditional and nontraditional aquatic programs, such as swim lessons, competitive swimming and diving, synchronized swimming, water polo, kayak rolling, scuba and underwater hockey, as well as local police, fire and rescue training. A robust adapted aquatics program includes learn-to-swim, aquatic exercise, Paralympic swim development and Special Olympics training
- Learn-to-Swim Classes for Teens and Adults
- Lap Swimming and Competitive Stroke Mechanics Classes
- WATER EXERCISE CLASSES
Aerobic Water Exercise (13-Adult) Arthritis Water Exercise (13-Adult)
Advanced Deep Water Exercise (13-Adult)
Deep Water Exercise (13-Adult)
Swimming and Fitness (13-Adult
Aqua Fit and Tone (13-Adult)
Advanced Water Aerobics (13-Adult)
Options for aquatic exercisers
Customers have three different options for participating in aqua exercise classes.
Drop-In (or pay as you go)
Daily drop-in rate to attend aquatic exercise classes, space permitting.
Aqua Exercise Pass
Allows entry into any Park Authority water exercise class, space permitting.
Valid for four months from the date of purchase, Aqua Exercise Passes are sold at all RECenters and online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/passesonline.htm in increments of 10, 20 or 30 visits.
Pricing is based on the per-class fee for coded classes. Early registration discounts and scholarships are not available for the Aqua Exercise Flex Pass.
For more information please see the Parktakes magazine. Call 703-222-4664 to get a free subscription to the Parktakes magazine.