In addition to parking enforcement activities done by patrol officers in the field, the Police Department has two civilian employees who staff the Parking Enforcement Section. These members receive special training concerning the various laws and regulations that apply to parking issues. Pursuant to the Code of Virginia, they are sworn as Parking Enforcement Officers with the legal authority to issue parking citations and take contested or unpaid violations to General District Court.
The main duties of the Parking Enforcement Section involve the enforcement of metered parking, restricted parking areas in business and residential areas, approved fire lanes and parking reserved for handicapped citizens. The Section is also responsible for:
- Identifying inoperable motor vehicles and enforcing the City Code
- View the City Code Section 98-163 regarding Inoperable Vehicles.
- Monitoring the condition of parking meters, reporting broken or defective meters for repair, and reporting highway signs or other traffic control devise in need or repair.
- Assisting sworn officers and School Crossing Guards with traffic control duties as needed.
If you have a question about parking regulations or want to report a parking problem in the City, please contact the Parking Enforcement line at 703.293.7100 or email Christopher.firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the City Code Section 98-141 regarding Parking Information.
Pay Parking Tickets
Prepayments can be made three ways:
- By credit card (Visa or Mastercard) call 1.844.279.9115
- By mail - send check or money order to:
City of Fairfax Processing Center
P.O. Box 2085
Tarrytown, NY 10591-9085