The City Clerk, appointed by the City Council, is the custodian of official documents of the city.
- The Clerk prepares Council meeting agendas and minutes, advertises public notices, and records the actions of Council.
The Clerk also:
- Is the custodian of the City Seal
- Monitors vacancies and arranges for appointments to City Volunteer Boards & Commissions
- Collects and safeguards annual financial disclosure statements
- Maintains the City Code
- Maintains all Contracts and Agreements for the City
- Is the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Officer for the City.