The City Clerk/Chief of Staff, appointed by the City Council, is the custodian of official documents of the city.
The Clerk prepares Council meeting agendas and minutes, advertises public notices, and records the actions of Council.
The Clerk also:
- Is the custodian of the City Seal
- Monitors vacancies and arranges for appointments to City Volunteer Boards & Commissions
- Collects and safeguards annual financial disclosure statements
- Maintains the City Code
- Maintains all Contracts and Agreements for the City
- Is the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Officer for the City.