This is a Working Document
Only used for future planning purposes. Dates and agenda items may change at any moment.
Click here for upcoming posted and archived City Council agendas, minutes and videos.
July 24, 2018 Regular Meeting
- Public hearing and Council action on a request from Room Escape DC, LLC, applicant, by Javier Arencibia, agent, for a Special Use Permit pursuant to City Code Section 110-3.3.1B to for an indoor recreation use (Room Escape DC) in the CR Commercial Retail zoning district and Old Town Fairfax Transition overlay districts on the premises known as 3937, 3939, 3947 and 3949 3949 A and more particularly described as Tax Map Parcels 57-2-22-013,017, 019 and 016.
- Public hearing and Council action on an appropriation resolution in the maximum amount of $12,000.00 to American Legion Post 177 ($10,000.00) and Yellow Ribbons United ($2,000.00).
- Public hearing and Council action on an appropriation resolution in the amount of $79,260 to fund the additional scope of work for the City Cemetery columbarium project.
Items not requiring a public hearing.
- Consideration of a resolution to repeal the Design Guidelines for the Old Town Fairfax Historic and Transition Districts, adopted in 1993, and the Community Appearance Plan, adopted in 1994, and to adopt the City of Fairfax Design Guidelines, prepared by Frazier Associates and Lardner Klein Landscape Architects.
Mayor and City Council on recess for the month of August.
September 4, 2018 Work Session
- Discussion regarding small cell antenna abilities.
- Discussion on University Drive Traffic Calming.
- Discussion of Proposed Subdivision of Portions of Fairfax Court Shopping Center (McDonald’s and Buffalo Wild Wings).
- City Council Policies and Procedures.
September 11, 2018 Regular Meeting
- Public hearing and Council action on a request by Capstone for a rezoning to planned development located at 3807 University Drive.
- Public hearing and Council action on a Request from IDI Fairfax, L.C., applicant, by Enrico Cecchi, manager, for consideration of a Zoning Map Amendment (Rezoning) from CR – Commercial Retail, RM – Residential Medium and John C. Wood House Historic Overlay District to PDM – Planned Development Mixed Use, pursuant to City Code Section 110-6.4, a Planned Development Review pursuant to City Code Section 110-6.6 to allow development of 295 residential units and 44,000 square feet of commercial space, a Comprehensive Plan Amendment from Institutional and Residential – Low to Business Commercial, Transitional and Residential High, a Special Use Permit to allow to allow disturbance in a floodplain pursuant to City Code Section 110-4.15.7 and a Certificate of Appropriateness for architecture and landscaping pursuant to City Code Section 110-6.5 on the premises known as 10675 Fairfax Boulevard, 10600 and 10606 Cedar Avenue and more particularly described as Tax Map Parcels 57-1-02-112, 113 and 114. DEFERRED FROM JUNE 12, 2018.
September 25, 2018 Regular Meeting
- Consideration of an award of contract for the Rust Curve sidewalk construction project.
- Consideration of an award of contract for the George Snyder Trail extension project.
- Consideration of a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute the annual project agreements with regional entities.
- Public hearing and Council action on the University Drive traffic calming recommendation plan.
- Public hearing and Council action on the University Drive/Northfax Rd. construction project north of Fairfax Boulevard.
October 2, 2018 Work Session (Cancelled)
October 9, 2018 Regular Meeting and Work Session.
- Discussion of Old Lee Highway Multimodal Plan.
- Discussion of design concepts for City entrance signs.
October 23, 2018 Regular Meeting
November 6, 2018 Work Session
November 13, 2018 Regular Meeting
November 27, 2018 Regular Meeting
December 4, 2018 Work Session
December 11, 2018 Regular Meeting
December 25, 2018 Regular Meeting (Cancelled - Christmas Day)
January 1, 2019 Work Session (Cancelled - New Years Day)