Property Maintenance

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


If you want to make a complaint about a run-down property in your neighborhood, you may email us or call 703.385.7830. All complaints will be investigated promptly and the name of the complainant will be held in confidence. See listing of common violations.

Who to call when your neighborhood needs help:

Code Administration: (703)-385-7830

  • Blighted properties
  • Construction without permits
  • Construction noise
  • Illegal dumping
  • Improper drainage
  • Overcrowding
  • Tenant complaints
  • Unsafe conditions
  • Junk cars
  • High grass or weeds
  • Blocked exits (in businesses and apartment buildings)
  • Exterior maintenance (paint, shutters, roof, gutters etc.) 
  • FOIA Request Form

Police Department: (703)-385-7924

  • Animals
  • Loud parties 

Public Works: (703)-385-7810 

  • Improper storage of trash

Zoning: (703)-385-7820 

  • Signs
  • Operation of business from home

Treasurer: (703)-385-7902 

  • Vehicles without City decal

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer