The EDO also provides staff support to the Economic Development Authority (EDA). In partnership, the EDO and the EDA work to foster and promote economic development and redevelopment in the City of Fairfax.
Useful Links & Documents:
- At A Glance - Helpful Hints for Business Owners (produced by the Dept. of Community Development & Planning)
- This document provides information for business owners looking to start, expand, or modify their Fairfax City business. It serves as a quick reference guide for special events and signage as well. Throughout the document you will find steps such as: What you need to do; When you need to do it; who to contact; etc.
- The 2035 Comprehensive Plan Fact Book (produced by the Dept. of Community Development & Planning)
- A Comprehensive Plan is a policy document that describes a community's vision for how it wants to grow and develop over the next 20 years. It provides guidance on land use, transportation, housing, economic development, environment, public facilities, parks, recreation and historic preservation. The current plan was adopted by City Council on April 10, 2012.
- The 2035 Comprehensive Plan Fact Book includes revisions and newly added figures for the draft.
- Economic Development Monthly Business Bulletin
- Monthly eNewsletter produced by the Fairfax City Economic Development Office that shares office initiatives, city-business community news, and opportunities for engagement.
To subscribe to the Monthly Business Bulletin, Sign Up - Monthly Business Bulletin