City of Fairfax Technology Zone Incentive
The City of Fairfax Technology Zone (or the “Zone”) offers businesses in the City a reduction or suspension of certain business license (Business, Professional, Occupational License, or “BPOL”) taxes for a period of up to five years with a 100 percent exemption for the first year and a decreasing percentage for years two through five. The purpose of the Technology Zone is to provide an incentive for a targeted sector of businesses to establishment, relocate, or expand within the City.
The City of Fairfax Technology Zone Aims to:
• Cultivate economic growth by providing tax incentives;
• Improve economic conditions of the area which will benefit the welfare of the citizens;
• Encourage investment and attract technology-related jobs to the city;
- Be opening a business in the City, or be located within the City, or be willing to locate within the City; and
- Be willing to enter into a contractual Performance Agreement (the “Performance Agreement” or “Agreement”) between the business entity and the City; and
- Commit to employing a minimum number of full time employees as stipulated by the Performance Agreement; or
- Commit to making a minimum capital investment into a new or existing business;
Applicants agree by applying for the Zone that additional information may be requested by the Office of Economic Development including, but not limited to, any relevant tax information, business filing/ formation information, or regulatory license information.
Businesses must be recognized as a qualified technology business pursuant to Chapter 14 of the Code of the City of Fairfax, Virginia, Article IX – Technology Zone, Section 14-420.
Applications may be submitted electronically to Christopher.Bruno@fairfaxva.gov
Applications may also be submitted in hard copy to the City's Economic Development Office located in City Hall
If you have any further questions about the program, please email Christopher.Bruno@fairfaxva.gov