Please Note: To limit the amount of public interaction in the Clerk of the Court's office, please send all communications and requests to the Clerk of the Court's office via email to CityGDC@fairfaxva.gov . This includes any fillings for motions, praecipes, continuance requests, and copy requests. Emails will be answered within 24-48 hours of receipt.
Clerk's Office: 703.385.7866
Clerk of the Court: Darcie Dunn
Chief Judge: Lisa A. Mayne
The City of Fairfax General District Court hears traffic violations and criminal misdemeanors. Court is held beginning at 9:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays in Room 100 of the City Hall Annex. Because this court is not of record, all cases are heard by a judge; there are no jury trials at this level.
- Information about pre-payments of traffic violations or call 703.385.7865 (24-hour recording).
- Information on court records or case scheduling, call the clerk's office at 703.385.7866.
- Click here for parking violation fine information or call (888) 609-PARK.
- To contest a parking violation, appear at the Clerk of the Court's office at City Hall Annex, Room 101.
UPDATED April 3, 2020:
In response to Governor Northam's prohibition of gatherings of large numbers of individuals, the Fairfax City General District Court will not be holding regular court hearings through April 30, 2020,
EXCEPT FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- 8:30 AM Bond Motions
- 9:30 AM Motions Court – Essential & Emergency motions ONLY
- 9:30 AM Criminal/Traffic court for Incarcerated defendants ONLY
These cases will all be heard at the Fairfax County Courthouse located at:
4110 Chain Bridge Rd, Fairfax, VA
Court hearings currently set in Fairfax City General District Court through April 30 will be continued by the clerk’s office to the Issuing Officers next assigned June or July court date.
Clerk's Office staff will be available to answer questions and accept filings. It is encouraged to file electronically or telephonically where possible to keep the public safe. Please email the Clerk's Office at CityGDC@fairfaxva.gov or call the clerk’s office at 703.385.7866