This is a Working Document
Only used for future planning purposes.
Dates and agenda items may change at any moment.
Click here for upcoming posted and archived City Council agendas, minutes and videos.
September 24, 2019 Regular Meeting
Presentations and Proclamations
- Presentation of a proclamation designating October 2019 as "Community Planning Month" in the City of Fairfax and recognizing the receipt of the 2019 Commonwealth Plan of the Year Award by the Virginia Chapter of the American Planning Association for the City of Fairfax 2035 Comprehensive Plan.
- Presentation of a proclamation acknowledging October 6-12, 2019 as "Fire Prevention Week" in the City of Fairfax.
- Consideration of a resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute refinancing documents.
- Public hearing and Council action on a request of Earp’s Ordinary LLC, applicant, by Michael J. DeMarco, agent, for a Special Use Permit (SU-19-00412) pursuant to City Code Section 110-3.5.5.C to allow dancing and entertainment as an accessory use to a restaurant in the CR Commercial Retail Zoning District and the Old Town Fairfax Historic Overlay District on the premises known as 10426 Main Street and more particularly described as Tax Map Parcel 57-4-02-101.
- Public hearing and Council action on an ordinance amending Chapter 2, Article III, Division 3, Section 2-96, of the Code of the City of Fairfax, Virginia, pertaining to the appointment or designation of an Acting City Manager.
- Discussion of proposed new regulations as well as existing zoning provisions relating to pet store uses.
October 1, 2019 Work Session
- Joint discussion with City Delegation regarding City's draft legislative program.
- Joint Discussion with the School Board.
- Joint discussion with Dominion Energy regarding power outages.
- Discussion of a request by Fairfax High School, (City of Fairfax), to renew a special use permit for instructional trailers located at Fairfax High School, 3501 Rebel Run.
- Discussion of Zoning Text Amendments regarding parking in townhouse developments and other misc. amendments.
October 15, 2019 Regular Meeting (meeting date shift due to Yom Kippur on Oct 9)
Presentations and Proclamations.
- Presentations of Community Appearance Awards for Commercial Properties.
- Introduction of an ordinance regarding the regulation of pet store uses in the City of Fairfax.
- Consideration to authorize the completion of the General Obligation refinancing.
- Public hearing and Council action on a request by Anita's Mexican Restaurant for a special use permit to allow a drive-thru at their existing establishment located at 10880 Fairfax Boulevard.
- Public hearing and Council action on an ordinance approving a franchise agreement with Washington Gas.
Update on the CUE Access and Technology Improvement Study.
Update on the Scooter pilot program.
October 29, 2019 Regular Meeting (meeting date shift due to Yom Kippur on Oct 9)
- Public Hearing and Council action on an ordinance regarding the regulation of pet store uses in the City of Fairfax.
- Discussion of the Old Town Service District.
November 5, 2019 Work Session
- Joint discussion with the Environmental Sustainability Committee.
- Discussion of LEED construction.
November 12, 2019 Regular Meeting and Work Session (Nov 26 is Thanksgiving week - no meetings on those dates)
Presentations and Proclamations.
- Presentation of a proclamation acknowledging November 30, 2019 as Small Business Saturday in the City of Fairfax.
December 3, 2019 Work Session
December 10, 2019 Regular Meeting (Dec 24 Christmas Eve - no meeting)