The following list of community meetings may be attended by some, or all, members of City Council and may require notification to the public that it is a meeting of City Council.
Therefore, the following meetings are being presented to the public as meetings of the City Council so as to adequately inform the public.
The Mayor and Members of the City Council.
- Mayor and City Council Security Training for Council Chambers on Tuesday, January 22, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in Council Chambers.
- Naturalization Ceremony on Saturday, January 26, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. at Fairfax High School.
- WMATA Operating and Capital Budget Public Hearings on Tuesday, January 29, 2019, at 5:30 p.m. at Metro Headquarters Building, 600 5th Street, NW, Washington DC.
- Braddock District Community Meeting on One University Proposal – Focus on Transportation Issues on Thursday, January 31, 2019, at 7:30 p.m. at Fairfax Villa Elementary School, 10900 Santa Clara Drive, Fairfax.
- Volunteer Fairfax Open House on Thursday, January 31, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. at 10700 Page Avenue Suite 101 - Burkholder Building.
- Chocolate Lovers Festival from Friday, February 1, 2019 through Sunday, February 3, 2019 throughout the City.
- Delegate Bulova and Senator Peterson Town Hall Meeting on Saturday, February 2, 2019, at 9:00 a.m. in Council Chambers Room 100.
- Ribbon Cutting and Grand Opening at Senior Tequilas on Monday, February 4, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. at 9959 Main Street.
- Grand opening and Ribbon Cutting of the City's First Dog Park on Saturday, March 2, 2019, at 9:00 a.m. at Westmore Park.
- Grand opening and Ribbon Cutting at City Police Firearms Training Center on Saturday, March 2, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. at the Police Firearms Training Center - Property Yard.
- Women's History Month program - Speaker and Author Rebecca Boggs Roberts - sponsored by Commission for Women and Historic Resources on Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. in City Council Chambers.
- Fairfax City Women Business Owners Event on Wednesday, March 13, 2019, at 12:00 p.m. at the Sherwood Community Center.