Please click on a button to find out more about those specific topics - to find a listing of all of our current classes and programs please see our Parks & Rec Connected Magazine.
1. ONLINE: Click Online Registration, 24 hours a day.
2. WALK-IN: Come to the City Hall Office, Stacy C. Sherwood Community Center or Green Acres Center: 8:30am–5:00pm, Monday – Friday.
3. MAIL-IN: Signed and completed registration forms must be mailed to: City of Fairfax Parks and Recreation,
10455 Armstrong St. Fairfax, VA 22030.
4. FAX-IN: Signed and completed registration forms must be faxed to 703-246-6321.
Credit Cards Accepted: American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa
Make checks payable to: City of Fairfax
Payment must be made at the time of registration. Assumption of Risk Waiver, found on registration form, must be signed by all participants at time of registration. Parent/legal guardian signature is required for participants under the age of 18 years.
Click Online Registration
Click on View Activities – Search for your class by scrolling through (programs and alphabetical order), search by name in top right corner of screen or search by category with drop-down boxes. You can search using single words
Click the button Add to my Cart
Fill out the necessary participant information and click Save and Continue. If you don’t have an account, continue to step 4a
How to Create an account
Click on Set up an Account
Request an account – fill in all the required information and click ‘Submit’ or ‘Add another Family Member.’
A link will be sent to the given e-mail account. Open this e-mail and click the link to activate the account
Go back to home page and click ‘Log in to My Account’.
Register for classes listed above
Review fees and answer necessary questions click Continue
Review cart – click Done and Continue
Complete Payment Information
Sign IN and OUT
- ALL children must be signed in and out of programs by a parent or guardian each day.
- IDs will be checked for all people signing out children from City of Fairfax classes/programs
- Children must be signed out of the program at the advertised end time of the class/program.
- A late fee will be charged for any child that is not signed out at the end time.
- Participants will not be able to register for any other programs until late fees are paid.
- Children are not allowed to be dropped off at any program before the start time.
All children are expected to behave in a proper and respectful manner. We will not tolerate any hitting, name calling, foul language, destruction of property or any other behavior deemed inappropriate by the staff. In accordance with the severity and frequency of the behavior, the Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to dismiss any child from the program. No refunds will be given.
City of Fairfax’s goal is to have all government programs, services, classes and camps, and senior programs accessible to all residents. While anyone and everyone is welcome to take our classes programs, only Fairfax City residents can qualify for fee reductions for classes and camps. These discounts are available on a sliding scale based on household income. Annual income verification is required.
Please click here: Financial Assistance Application
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS Program participation is limited to people who live in the Fairfax City ONLY. Qualification will be determined by household and proof of residency is required upon request.
HOUSEHOLDS: All the persons who live in the same individual residence at a given time, that are listed as financially dependent on one another on income tax returns.
In order to apply for assistance, you must make an appointment.
Please call 703-385-7858 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
We are always looking for new ideas to offer to the public. If you are interested in teaching a class for the City of Fairfax, you can fill out the Program Proposal Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member will contact you to discuss more details.