City of Fairfax Supplemental Retirement Plans
Career City of Fairfax employees participate in two defined benefit pension plan systems, a primary plan (Virginia Retirement System or VRS), administered by the state and two supplemental plans (City of Fairfax Supplemental Retirement Plans), created and operated by the City.
The City provided Supplemental Retirement Plans cover (1) full-time and career part-time general employees and (2) police and firefighters. Both supplemental plans are single-employer, defined benefit pension plans, authorized by the City Council and administered by the City Retirement Committee, composed of nine individuals, seven committee members and two alternates.
Upon retirement, a participant in the two City plans would receive a monthly retirement allowance which is determined based on a certain percentage of the participant’s average final compensation at the date of retirement and the number of years of the participant’s credited service. In the event of death prior to retirement, the beneficiary receives the same monthly benefit that would have been payable to the participant, assuming the joint and 100% survivor option was elected.
Four times per calendar year.
|6/19/2014||Agenda||Minutes||Investment Performance Analysis
Absolute Return Fixed Income Manager Search
- City Manager
- David Hodgkins, Chairman
- Kerry Kidd, General Employee Alternate Representative
- Julie Moran, General Employee Primary Representative
- Martin Nachtman, Public Safety Primary Representative
- David Busch, Public Safety Alternate Representative
- Eleanor Schmidt, Councilmember
- Jamil Ahmed, Citizen Representative
- Joel Hendelman, Retiree Representative
- Steve Moloney, Alternate Retiree Representative
- FY 2017 Valuation General
- FY 2017 Valuation Public Safety
- FY 2016 Valuation General
- FY 2016 Valuation Public Safety
- July 2016 Monthly Fund Performance
- December 2014 Monthly Fund Performance
- May 2014 Monthly Fund Performance Detail
Booklets will be posted on the website when they become available. Please check back again later.
For questions, please contact Ronalee Shelton at 703-385-2466 or email Ronalee.Shelton@fairfaxva.gov