If you make a request for a Security Survey, a member from the Department's Community Services Section will set up a date and time to meet you at your home or business and conduct a security survey inspection. The officers are specially trained and will evaluate the risk factor for your location.
Some of the items the officer will review and may make recommendations about include:
- Door locks
- Window locks
- Exterior lighting
- Bushes or trees that should be trimmed for better visibility
- Motion sensing exterior lights
- How to stop your mail delivery during vacations
- Creating a partnership with a neighbor
- Smoke detectors
- Alarm systems
- Security of yard tools, bicycles and other such items kept in sheds or in carports.
This is a FREE service. To schedule a security survey of your home or business please contact the Community Services Section at 703.273.2889.