CUE is currently operating on a regular service schedule.
CUE service continues to be available to serve Fairfax City residents.
Beginning Thursday, March 19, 2020, CUE customers will be required to enter and exit the bus using the rear doors. This does not apply to customers who need to use a wheelchair ramp. Fare collection on buses will also be temporarily suspended due to the location of fareboxes and SmarTrip equipment at the front entrance of buses.
To help maintain a safe and healthy environment, CUE has increased cleaning cycles on the buses with a focus on disinfecting the bus interiors and critical touch points such as door handles, handrails, and other surfaces. CUE is also providing disinfectant wipes for passengers.
City of Fairfax officials stress that these changes are being made to protect to the health and safety of CUE employees, customers and the public as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect all aspects of travel in the National Capital Region.
CUE passengers are reminded that the most effective way to prevent the spread of illnesses is to follow the recommendations below from public health officials:
- If you are not feeling well or have symptoms of illness, please stay home and avoid taking public transportation. Fairfax County health officials offer steps to take at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/health/novel-coronavirus.
- Practice social distancing while on the bus by staying 6 feet away from others, if possible.
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If not available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.