On Wednesday, 1/16/19:
- City of Fairfax government offices are open on time.
- City employees are granted liberal leave.
- Report city road-related issues, including street condition issues, to the City of Fairfax Police Dispatch: 703-385-7924.
In case of emergency, call 911.
Click here for more winter weather-related information
- This is a proposed project to construct a new, continuous pedestrian facility on the west side of Chain Bridge Road between Old Town Fairfax and Rust Hill Place.
- West side of Chain Bridge Road between Old Town Fairfax and Rust Hill Place.
- Provide a continuous pedestrian facility (sidewalk) connection from Downtown City of Fairfax to Rust Hill Place
- Eliminate existing erosion/drainage problems and roadside hazards along the west side of Chain Bridge Road within the project limits
- Provide a context-sensitive design solution that preserves the character of Rust Curve and provides a gateway to the Downtown area
Proposed Project Renderings:
Proposed Project Schedule:
- Construction expected to begin in Fall 2018/Winter 2019.
Documents for Download