- This is a proposed project to construct a new, continuous pedestrian facility on the west side of Chain Bridge Road between Old Town Fairfax and Rust Hill Place.
- West side of Chain Bridge Road between Old Town Fairfax and Rust Hill Place.
- Provide a continuous pedestrian facility (sidewalk) connection from Old Town City of Fairfax to Rust Hill Place.
- Eliminate existing erosion/drainage problems and roadside hazards along the west side of Chain Bridge Road within the project limits
- Provide a context-sensitive design solution that preserves the character of Rust Curve and provides a gateway to the Downtown area
Proposed Project Renderings:
- Full Plan Aerial – October, 2016
- Southbound - Chain Bridge Rd Render
- Northbound - Chain Bridge Rd Render
- Chain Bridge Rd at Corner Residence Near Curve
- Chain Bridge Rd at Rust Hill Place w/ Barrier Render
Proposed Project Schedule:
- Construction began in Spring 2019.
Documents for Download
- Public Information Meeting Presentation (4/24/19)
- Public Hearing Brochure (10/25/2016)
- Community Meeting Presentation (06/16/2016)
- Presentation to City Council (05/10/16)
- Final Cultural Resources Survey Chain Bridge Rd Sidewalks (March 2016)
- Community Meeting Comment Sheet