- The George Snyder Trail Project will complete construction of the 2 mile trail along the southern side of Accotink Creek running east/west between Chain Bridge Road (Route 123) and Fairfax Boulevard (Route 50). The City intends to connect this trail to the proposed Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) shared use path along Route 123 and in conjunction with the I-66 Outside the Beltway improvements. The connection to the VDOT shared use path will provide George Snyder Trail users the opportunity to travel east approximately 33 miles to Washington DC or west approximately 20 miles to Haymarket, Virginia along the I-66 corridor. The City has received I-66 Outside the Beltway Concessionaire Funding to construct this project.
- Public outreach and design expected to commence Summer 2018
- In design 2020
- Construction 2022
- Along the southern side of Accotink Creek running east/west between Chain Bridge Road (Route 123) and Fairfax Boulevard (Route 50).
- Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement (CMAQ) Funds
- I-66 Outside the Beltway Funds
- Concessionaire Funds