This project will construct an extension of University Drive from Fairfax Blvd to Eaton Place. It will provide a new vehicular, pedestrian and bicycle connection within the Northfax area. The new roadway will contain sidewalks, pedestrian crossings, on-road bike lanes, lighting and landscaping. The project will also include the reconstruction of the traffic signal at the University Drive/Fairfax Blvd Intersection.
The City has been awarded approximately $10M in SmartScale funding from the Virginia Department of Transportation to construct this project. Please visit the SmartScale webpage at http://vasmartscale.org for more information regarding the funding.
- Preliminary Engineering: In Progress
- Public Hearing: September 25, 2018
- Construction: Anticipated 2020/2021
- Continuation of University Dr from Fairfax Blvd to Eaton Place
Public Hearing Plans
Documents for Download:
- Public Hearing Presentation (Sept 25, 2018)
- University Drive Extension Concept Plan
- Presentation to City Council (Dec 13, 2016)
- Presentation to City Council (Dec 6, 2016)
- Public Outreach Meeting Presentation (Nov 1, 2016)
- University Drive Extension Presentation - City Council (Sept 8, 2015)
- University Drive Extension Traffic Study