PARK(ing) Day in Fairfax
Help the City of Fairfax celebrate International PARK(ing) Day on Friday, September 20!
What is PARK(ing) Day? It is an international event celebrated on the third Friday every September. Communities temporarily transform parking spaces into pop-up "parklets" and other public spaces, re-imagining how our public space can be used. For more information about the history and purpose of the event, visit the American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA) PARK(ing) Day website.
This year, Fairfax City is joining the fun! The Fairfax City Economic Development Authority is organizing PARK(ing) Day events at two locations. PARK(ing) Day also coincides with Try Transit Week, and CUE bus will be participating in PARK(ing) Day. You can take your CUE for FREE to the event (or anywhere else, all week long).
We look forward to seeing you there!
- What: Fairfax City PARK(ing) Day Events - pop-up parks with lawn games, public art installations, specials at local businesses, CUE touch-a-bus, and more!
- When: Friday, September 20, 9am - 5pm
- Main Street Marketplace (10300 Main Street)
- Fair City Mall (9650 Main Street)
- For more information: https://fairfaxcityconnected.com/get-in-touch/
Parking Policies and Public Parking Resources
Below is are links and information about parking policies and public parking resources in the city.
Map of Public Parking in Old Town Fairfax
Residential Permit Parking Districts (RPPD)
Residential permit parking districts (RPPDs) are designated and managed per the policy adopted in Chapter 98, Article IV, Division 3 of the City Code.
A summary of the policy and list of current RPPDs can be found on the RPPD webpage.