Traffic Signs and Signals

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The City’s Traffic Signs and Signals Department (the Department) is responsible for maintaining all traffic control devices necessary for the safe and orderly movement of traffic in and through the City. All traffic signals, traffic signs and pavement markings within the City limits are this department’s responsibility. Among the guidelines followed by the staff are the national standards as set forth in the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices which is published by the Federal Highway Administration.

Signal Problems

To report a malfunctioning traffic signal call 703-385-7987 between 6:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or 703-385-7924 at all other times.

For questions or suggestions about signal operation call 703-385-7987 or email Johnnie Greer, the Sign and Signal Supervisor.

Signs or Markings

To report a problem with a traffic sign or pavement marking call 703-385-7987 or email Johnnie Greer, the Sign and Signal Supervisor..

New Traffic Control Devices

To request a new traffic control device (traffic signal, sign or pavement marking) call the office of the Director of Public Works at 703-385-7810 or email.