Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Frequently Asked Questions

  • How do I report a water or wastewater emergency?
    • For water emergencies, call Fairfax Water at 703-698-5613.
    • For wastewater emergencies, call the City of Fairfax dispatch at 703-385-7924 (at any time).

  • Why can't I plant trees near the water and wastewater lines?

    Trees hinder maintenance of these lines. In addition, the roots of trees can cause damage to the lines as well.

  • What are the paint marks on the ground near my home?

    State law requires that all underground utilities be marked prior to start of any work requiring excavation. Underground utilities are color-coded. For example blue represents water lines and green represents wastewater lines.