You may submit an application for voter registration or update your current registration at any time. Be mindful that registration is closed during the 21 days before any general or primary election, six days before a special election for statewide office and 13 days before other special elections. If you are already registered to vote at your current address and have not moved, your registration is still valid and you do not need to take any action.
- Citizen of the United States
- Resident of Virginia
- At least 18 years old at the time of the next General Election
- Have had your rights restored if convicted of a felony or judged mentally incapacitated
- Register or update your registration quickly and easily Online. If you do not have a DMV record, you will be prompted to print, sign and mail your Voter Registration Application
- Complete a Virginia Voter Registration Application and mail it to 10455 Armstrong Street, (Sisson House), Fairfax, VA 22030.
You are required to keep your registration up-to-date with your current name and residence address. A failure to do so may prevent you from voting or cause a delay in voting on Election Day.
If you no longer live in Virginia, or wish to cancel your Virginia voter registration, please complete, sign and submit a Request To Cancel form. You may mail, fax, or scan and email your completed form to the address below.
City of Fairfax Office of Elections
10455 Armstrong Street (Sisson House)
Fairfax, VA 22030
Voter registration applications are also available at:
- Public Libraries
- Post Office
- Department of Motor Vehicles