In this time of increased concern over the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), the health and welfare of our community is our top priority.
The City of Fairfax is working closely with Fairfax County Health Department officials to carefully monitor the situation.
The Fairfax County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continue to evaluate the risk of exposure to the public. The city is taking extra precautions to adhere to a high standard of cleanliness — with all city facilities in which city staff continue to work, as well as various equipment and transportation resources available to tye public.
Please follow best practices recommended by health officials:
- Practice social distancing.
- Stay home if you are unwell, so you don’t risk exposing yourself and others to potential illness.
- Wear a mask in public.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often.
- Use hand sanitizer as available.
- Cover your cough and sneeze.
- Review current information provided by the Fairfax County Health Department, Virginia Department of Health, and the CDC.
- Stay abreast of new or changing best practices as recommended by trusted health resources and health professionals.
This is a quickly evolving situation. We cannot predict the future, but we can plan for potential situations, and follow best practices. We will do our best to keep you informed, and to apprise you of any changes or concerns.
We encourage you to use the resources we provide on the city website and to rely on the fact-based information provided by trusted sources.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this unprecedented event