Beginning April 6, 2020, the following facilities in the City Hall Complex will be closed to the public, until further notice, for the health and safety of the Fairfax community, and due to recommended health practices related to the Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic:
- City Hall
- Sisson House (adjacent to City Hall)
Customers can conduct most business online. To find online service information, visit the related department web page, which lists their services and programs — or use the website search engine (found in the upper right corner of every web page).
City staff are available by phone and email during regular business hours (8:30 am to 5 pm weekdays, excluding holidays). Please see the list of city offices, right.
Still have questions? Email us, or call 703.385.7800 during regular business hours.
Facilities available adjacent to the City Hall Complex, 24-hour access:
- Treasurer’s Office payment drop boxes:
- in the City Hall circular driveway facing Armstrong Street
- at the Atrium entrance facing George Mason Boulevard
General District Court
- Email CityGDC@vacourts.gov for all communications and requests to the Clerk of the Court's Office. This includes any filings for motions, praecipes, continuance requests, and copy requests. Emails will be answered within 24-48 hours of receipt.
- USPS, FedEx, UPS, and other delivery service providers: contact the Mailroom to coordinate deliveries.
Office of Elections
- Park in the specially marked spaces and follow the directions on the signs to contact the Office of Elections.
- Stay in your car, and staff will conduct business at the car.
- Staff will practice proper health protocol, including social distancing, during these transactions.
- Those who feel unwell or may be at risk of exposing others to COVID-19 should contact the Office of Elections for assistance regarding service options: email, 703.385.7891
Reminder: DMV Select in City Hall is closed, as are all DMV service offices. City staff cannot assist with or conduct DMV transactions at this time. For DMV services and information: dmv.virginia.gov, 804.497.7100
Additional Facilities Status Information
The City of Fairfax Police Department headquarters lobby (3730 Old Lee Highway) is closed until further notice. There is a phone accessible at the headquarters door for walk-ins and emergency, and records requests can be made online through PDRecords@fairfaxva.gov. The City of Fairfax Police Department remains a 24-hour operation, and officers are still here to help and serve the public.In case of emergency, call 911.
The following city facilities are closed until further notice:
- Fairfax Museum & Visitor Center
- Green Acres Center, including Young at Heart Senior Center
- Historic Blenheim and The Civil War Interpretive Center
- Old Town Hall
- Stacy C. Sherwood Community Center
- Police Department headquarters lobby (a phone adjacent to the lobby may be used for walk-ins and emergency)
While parks and trails remain open, the following park resources have been closed citywide, for health purposes:
- athletic fields for group play
- basketball courts
- dog park
- pickle ball court
- playground equipment
- skate park
- tennis courts
Cancelled until further notice: field permits; picnic pavilion rentals; and programs, events, and private rentals at closed facilities.
This information is subject to last-minute change.