The City of Fairfax has a new program to offer savings on prescription drugs to residents who are without health insurance, a traditional benefits plan, or have prescriptions that are not covered by insurance.
The free prescription discount card is available to residents by the City of Fairfax in collaboration with the National League of Cities (NLC) and is made possible through the city's membership in NLC.
The card is available regardless of age, income or existing health insurance. Those who use this card may save an average of 20 percent off the regular retail price of prescription drugs at participating pharmacies. This card also may be used to pay for a pet's prescriptions at participating drug stores.
Visit the Caremark website to discover the savings and learn more about the program.
CLICK HERE to print a card.
Click here for the program's FAQ page.
City residents also may pick up a card at the following locations:
- City Hall, 10455 Armstrong Street
- City of Fairfax Police Department, 3730 Old Lee Highway
- City of Fairfax Regional Library, 10360 North Street
- Fire Station 3, 4081 University Drive
- Fire Station 33, 10101 Fairfax Boulevard
- Green Acres Center, 4401 Sideburn Road
For information call (888) 620-1749 or visit www.caremark.com/nlc.