City Hall Room 224 & 234
10455 Armstrong Street
Fairfax, VA 22030
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, excluding holidays*
Through the Commissioner of the Revenue and the Treasurer, the city has a DMV Select Office that offers limited DMV services previously offered only by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) .
The City of Fairfax offers limited DMV services from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays (excluding holidays*). For more information, call 703.385.7880. The DMV Select Office in City Hall does not issue state drivers licenses or identification cards.
Services available at City Hall are limited to:
- Titles: original, substitute, replacement, maintenance
- Registration: original, renewal, transfer, reissue, surrender
- Issue license plates (Including special and personalized plates)
- Trip or overload permits
- Original handicapped parking placards
- Voter registration applications
- Driver transcript requests
- Address changes that do not involve issuance of a drivers license or ID card
* Please note: the DMV Select Office is closed, and limited DMV services are not available, on legal state holidays, and during holiday closures observed by the City of Fairfax government.
DMV2GO and DMV Connect
The DMV 2 Go mobile customer service centers continue to make rounds through Virginia providing all DMV transactions. Thanks to partnerships with other government agencies, customers may also purchase certified copies of Virginia vital records including birth, marriage, divorce, and death certificates; obtain E-ZPass transponders; and apply for hunting and fishing licenses.
DMV2GO provides all DMV transactions available at full-service centers.
DMV Connect is a portable outreach program that, like DMV 2 Go, brings services to busy Virginians. Everything DMV Connect needs to operate packs up into a portable suitcase and can be set up anywhere.
DMV Connect provides all DMV transactions except vital records and testing.